Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Shelf Discovery Challenge

The Shelf Discovery Challenge will run for six months (November 1, 2009 - April 30, 2010). To join me in this challenge, all you need to do is grab a copy of SHELF DISCOVERY and pick out what six books you want to read (of course, you can read more than six!) Then, after you read a book, just write a "book report" to share your thoughts with others!

I found this challenge on Booking Mama. It gives me the perfect excuse to find and re-read old favorites! (I was going to do this anyway, but the challenge makes it more purposeful.)

One of the reasons I want to do this: when I was reading some of the essays, Lizzie mentioned details and plot points that I just don't remember!

Anyway, my six books will be:

Caroline by Willo Davis Roberts
The Cat Ate My Gymsuit by Paula Danziger
A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E.L. Konigsburg
Daughters of Eve by Lois Duncan
Summer of My German Soldier by Bette Green

I've read all but the last two before. I was half-way tempted to put down Jacob Have I Loved or Bridge to Terebithia, but they came with cry warnings.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for joining us! I just finished The Cat Ate My Gymsuit!

    ReplyDelete